Tasting the Amazing South Coast 3-day Short Break
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Location: Albany, WA
- Product code: MBGETGSBW18
Arrive in Albany in time to take advantage of your meal voucher at Rustlers Steakhouse. Rest well in comfort at Albany Best Western Motel & Apartments in readiness for flavour adventures tomorrow!Day Two
Enjoy breakfast (voucher included) at Kate’s Place before your tour begins at 9.30am. Meander through backroads to taste outstanding wines from award-winning wineries of the Mr Barker Region, grown in cool climate and nestled next to National Parks. Visit Arcadia, Gilbert’s, Galafrey, West Cape Howe. Take part in a private guided tour of Plantagenet Wines before sitting to a local produce, shared platter lunch.
Suggestions for evening meal (not included): Due South, Six Degrees, The Venice or Liberte (select from their shared plate menu and revel in the bohemian atmosphere).Day Three
Enjoy breakfast (voucher included) at Kate’s Place before your full day tour begins at 9.30am. Your Busy Blue Bus Tours + Charters tour guide will take you to Denmark on the ‘Tastes of the Great Southern’ tour. Taste hand-made cheeses, fudge, condiments, wine as your travel through the tall timber of Mt Shadforth. Lunch at the award-winning The Lake House Denmark where you can also taste Vino Food and try Winespa body care products. Cap off the day with a private tour and tasting at Limeburners Great Southern Distillery, where the world’s best whiskey is distilled.
- Accommodation 2 nights
- Breakfast voucher day 2&3
- Dinner voucher
- Guided commentary
- Visit 7 wineries over two days
- Tasting wine, fudge, condiments, toffee, cheese
- Sampling Winespa body products
- Morning tea, day 2
- Private guided tour of winery
- Private guided tour of world famous whisky distillery
- Walking shoes
- Water bottle
- Jacket in cooler months
Low to moderate fitness require
Getting to Albany - you choose! Transport not included.
- Board your REX flight from Perth at 4.05pm. Take a taxi from the airport to your accommodation or ask Busy Blue Bus Tours + Charters for an Airport Transfer.
- Travel on TransWA bus from Perth to Albany.
- Self-drive from Perth down Albany Highway (5hrs).