Historic Albany 3-day Short Break
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Location: Albany, WA
- Product code: AHHAWS18
Arrive in Albany in time to take advantage of your meal voucher at Rustlers Steakhouse. Rest well in comfort at Albany Best Western Motel & Apartments, for immersion in history tomorrow!Day Two
Enjoy breakfast (voucher included) at Kate’s Place before your Busy Blue Bus Tours & Charters journey to the Historic Precinct at The Forts on a half day tour ‘Albany’s History + Highlights’. This tour departs at 9.00am. Here you’ll find the National ANZAC Centre. Then board your bus to the local’s beach at Middleton Beach for tea/coffee and scones, jam and cream. Return to the Visitor Centre via Patrick Taylor Cottage.
Enjoy the afternoon at your leisure. Suggested venues for your evening meal (not included): Due South, Six Degrees, The Venice.Day Three
Enjoy breakfast (voucher included) at Kate’s Place before boarding your bus at 9.00am for your tour, 'Albany’s Whaling Story’ which travels along the Flinders Peninsula to Albany’s Historic Whaling Station. Here you’ll be immersed in a guided tour – an education in the whaling industry, importance to the economy of the town and awareness of the value of whale watching today. See whale skeletons, artifacts and climb on board a whale chaser. Relax with coffee and cake in the Whaler’s Galley before experiencing the exhilaration and force of the Southern Ocean as it heaves itself against the granite walls of The Gap and Natural Bridge.
- Accommodation 2 nights
- Breakfast voucher day 2&3
- Dinner voucher
- Guided commentary
- Entry to National ANZAC Centre
- Morning tea/coffee, scones, jam and cream day 2&3
- Entry to Albany’s Historic Whaling Station
- Entry to Torndirrup National Park
- Walking shoes
- Water bottle
- Jacket in cooler months
Low to moderate fitness requiredBefore arrival
Getting to Albany - you choose! Transport not included.
- Board your REX flight from Perth at 4.05pm. Take a taxi from the airport to your accommodation or ask Busy Blue BusTours + Charters for an AirportTransfer.
- Travel on TransWA bus from Perth to Albany.
- Self-drive from Perth down Albany Highway (5hrs).